Thameslink Resilience Project
Fencing Case Study
Between November 2017 and November 2019, QTS was commissioned by Network rail to install palisade fencing on over 40 miles of track on two major routes out of London.
- Scoping and option development.
- Third-party consultations.
- Geotechnical surveys.
- 41,211m palisade fencing.
- OLE interface management (bonding and GRP solutions).
- Vegetation management (13 miles both sides).
- 35,000m2 of vegetation cleared from 182 structures (retaining walls, tunnel portals and bridges).
To ensure safety and a timely delivery we prioritised difficult areas to mitigate potential delays as this was a complex working environment in very urban area. QTS specialist RRV plant was sued to reduce possessions requirements.