Transpennine Route Upgrade
Fencing Case Study
As part of the Transpennine route upgrade, QTS were commissioned by Network Rail to complete the lineside devegetation and fencing renewal works to the East of Leeds section covering over 36 miles.
The proposed scope of works included the following:
- Full ecology survey of the entire route.
- 6.5m vegetation clearance from running rail.
- Removal of all trees within falling distance to tracks.
- Vegetation maintenance until commissioning in 2019.
- NR boundary fence line devegetation & renewal (inc. >23,000m stockproof fencing & 53,000m palisade)
As the first contractor on site on this major programme, we worked closely with Network Rail to develop suitable third-party stakeholder management and communication strategies from inception.
To ensure a proactive and collaborative relationship between Network Rail and QTS, a dedicated QTS project coordinator was appointed as a single point of contact to facilitate communication and manage interfaces between internal/external stakeholders and the delivery teams.