Walsall to Rugeley
Fencing Case Study
QTS were commissioned by Network Rail to install palisade, GRP non-conductive, Cat2 Panel mesh fencing and Cat3 Agricultural and deer fencing. The work was carried out between May and December 2018.
The works included:
- Installation of a combined 18,500m of palisade, GRP non-conductive, Cat2 Panel mesh fencing and Cat3 Agricultural and deer fencing.
- Additional works (e.g. fly tipping removal) identified at scoping stage for inclusion within the fencing remit.
- Lineside vegetation management (circ. £300k) at critical stages of the project.
- Consultation with Cannock Chase as a key stakeholder/ lineside neighbour to minimise visual impact and implementation disturbance.
- Collaborative working with Network Rail and ABC as Principal Contractor to manage interfaces.