Graduate Environmental Advisor
Rench Farm, Drumclog
QTS Group is one of the UK’s leading rail contractors specialising in vegetation management, drainage services, fencing, training, civil engineering, earthworks, geotechnical services, industrial rope access and specialist plant fleet hire. We are seeking a Graduate Environmental Adviser to join the Compliance Team based at our Drumclog HQ.
Working within a small specialist environmental management department you will support project delivery teams and develop and implement the company sustainability strategy. Some travel will be required within this role.
- Implement and maintain environmental procedures for the company and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure environmental compliance with regulations and Network Rail standards
- Assist the Environment Manager to develop and maintain company management systems and the Company sustainability plan
- Assist in maintenance of SSIP accreditations and supplier portals with environmental and sustainability information
- Maintenance of the environmental aspects of the Principal Contractors Licence (PCL) and On-track Plant Operators Scheme (POS) for Network Rail
- Energy management surveys, audits and implementation of projects
- Waste management audits and inspections, drafting and implementation of waste management plans
- Work with the team to develop and implement the sustainability and net zero strategy
- Liaise with external parties to ensure any relevant new legislation is dealt with
- Review project environmental documentation, management plans and risk assessments.
- Assist with and undertake environmental incident investigations
- Perform audits and inspections on rail and non-rail operations
- Monitor and resolve non-conformances, ensuring accurate deadlines are met
- Maintain and report on environmental KPI’s
- Attend environment, safety, and quality meetings with QTS staff, clients, and regulatory authorities
- Encourage and promote positive environmental behaviour
- Assist in any other aspect of the Company where required
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Environmental Science or related subject
- Full UK driving licence essential
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
We will provide training and experience to assist your development in achieving the following:
- IEMA membership at Practitioner level
- Network Rail Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- ISO 14001 Internal Auditor
- Environmental Management Systems experience
- Health & Safety Qualification and IOSH membership
- Progression to Environment Adviser
QTS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.