QTS provides a full range of vegetation services across the UK Rail Infrastructure and to Local Authorities and other private & public landowners including the Forestry Commission. The company’s vegetation squads include fully qualified chainsaw operatives, climbers, RRV operatives, rope access technicians, possession planners & designers to provide a full, competent service.
The company owns and operates its own fleet of vegetation management plant, attachments & other machinery. A number of these are unique RRV’s, which have been developed by QTS and licensed for use by Network Rail’s Product Acceptance team. The fleet incorporates several RRV’s with the ability to on-track, travel and operate under live OHLE. This can dramatically reduce the cost of maintenance activities and increase productivity in possessions.
The QTS specialist vegetation plant fleet is the largest in the UK. QTS are currently one of the Tier 1 contractors on 10 of the 12 areas on the National Vegetation Framework. QTS has the largest geographic coverage and market share for vegetation works on the UK Rail Infrastructure. QTS also delivers vegetation services to Network Rail via Competitive Tenders and their Minor Works contracts and to other contractors within and out with rail via tenders. Other current contracts include Abellio ScotRail: Vegetation Preferred Supplier, United Utilities: Vegetation, Costain and BAM Nuttall.
Vegetation Services include:
- Maintenance of lineside vegetation to 5m from running rails
- Maintenance of lineside veg to boundary incl. rock cuttings
- Maintenance & clearance – in & around structures, track, signals & level crossings
- Autumn Mitigation (Leaf-Fall) Site-Clearance Works
- Overhead Line Equipment Wayleave Clearances
- Signal Sight-line Creation
- Felling, pruning, stump treatment, crown reduction, dealing with hazardous, dead & dying trees.
- Herbicide application & weed control incl. japanese knotweed.
- Third party works outside boundary fences.
- Emergency response works.
- Tree, shrub planting etc.
- Chipping & mulching
- Vegetation survey
- Ecological surveys